Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A nice trip, but had a bummer moment

I'll tell you more about my trips out of the country when I upload pictures... just wait, I know you are anxious to hear about them! Amongst all the traveling, and the colds going around, it was really nice to get back to good ol' Muscat. Realizing I really prefer Oman (and the quieter towns) over the craziness of Dubai. The last few days I have been on a mad search for my personal journal. It disappeared somewhere between Doha and Abu Dhabi.... and I am terribly vexed by its loss. Every note, every feeling, every day I hae been in Oman was in the book. And its gone.... I don't even know how to begin finding ways to try and recompile things. Crud.

Today was our last day of "class," which really was just my oral Arabic review. I think I did pretty well considering I knew nothing when I arrived! Now, I am beginning my independent study project... I am very excited about it- looking at Omani's views on US primacy and how the role of US leaders should use that power. Inshaallah I will finish on time and with good results!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about,hopefully, your misplaced journal. Say a prayer to St. Anthony to help you find it. Good luck on your independent study project. It will be good to have you back in the USA soon. Love, GM

Anonymous said...

Chels,

Glad to know you survived Dubai. Can you believe you only have a few more weeks in Oman? Can't wait to pick you up from the airport on the 14th!

Love,

Mom